1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to locate the downloaded DVR recorded video on my PC

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Fanic, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fanic

Fanic Thread Starter

I have a 16- channel DVR that is on a LAN network. I can view live events and do playback but, whenever I downloaded the recorded video on net surveillance interface, I won't be able to locate the downloaded video on my laptop despite telling me download finished.
    Please, I need your help. Very urgent response
    Thanks.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Fanic, and welcome to TSG?

Do you know the filename or at least the filename extension of the downloaded file? If so, do a Windows search for it in of your hard drive.

Beyond that, see if the surveillance software has a settings screen that allows you to see and change where downloaded files are saved.

3. Fanic

Fanic Thread Starter

I have tried that but, still can't find it. The surveillance software is netsurveillance

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Are you accessing the DVR with a web browser on your laptop? If so, the web browser settings should include information on the default download location.

"netsurveillance" is a bit too generic sounding name to get Google results for a single product. Please provide a link to any website that may have the user manual for your exact system.

5. Fanic

Fanic Thread Starter

Yes. I am accessing the DVR with IE on my laptop. And the default download location is 'download'.

The product name is skyvision but, using xmeye and netsurveillance on web.
    Thanks for your assistance so far as I look for to more

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Are you sure that it's actually downloading? It may simply be streaming. And if you are using IE, the download should be going to the download location used by IE. You can view the location or goto the folder from within IE (specifics vary by version).

In IE 11, click the gear in the upper right / choose view downloads / in the new window that opens, choose "Options" in the lower left / in the next popup, you will see the download location and you can click "Browse" to open the folder

cwwozniak likes this.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice