1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to log on the user account screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sarann78, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sarann78

sarann78 Thread Starter

Hi there,

On the user account screen where it asks for my password to log onto my laptop the following message appears -

The User profile Service service failed the logon
    User profile cannot be loaded

I have no idea what to do, it has never happened before in the three and half years I have had the laptop and there is no help in the manuals. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like a profile may be corrupted.

You should run a disk check firt of all. That can be done from a command prompt on your booted DVD or from Safe Mode.

If that does not help, try logging in as administrator (Ctrl+Alt+Del twice on the logon screen, then enter "Administrator" and the admin password).

3. sarann78

sarann78 Thread Starter

I've tried your second comment first but the screen does nothing different when I press ctrl+alt+del twice, I have typed administrator in the password box but it just says it's the wrong password.

In respect of your first instruction - I don't know what you mean :-( run a disk check? what booted dvd? how do I get into safe mode.

Thanks for your help

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Hopefully, you have everything important backed up.

For Safe Mode, tap F8 just before Windows starts to load and choose it from the menu.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1003726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice