Unable to log on

Burrellsinfindon

Yes, message comes up after I enter my password. My daughter told me about pressing F8, but that doesn't work either

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you are unable to enter safe mode by tapping F8 as the pc is starting up - the ''user profile'' is either damaged, changed by malware or other issues.

Do you have the Win 7 install DVD?
What is the make and model number of your pc as there may be a recovery partition allowing you to reset the pc, back to factory settings?
If you reset the pc - all your data and files will be overwritten and deleted.

Burrellsinfindon

If you are unable to enter safe mode by tapping F8 as the pc is starting up - the ''user profile'' is either damaged, changed by malware or other issues.

Do you have the Win 7 install DVD?
What is the make and model number of your pc as there may be a recovery partition allowing you to reset the pc, back to factory settings?
If you reset the pc - all your data and files will be overwritten and deleted.
Thanks for the reply.
The computer came with Windows 7 already installed and no DVD.
It is a Sony, model PCG-71911M

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If Windows does not start:
Start or Restart your VAIO.
Press the F10 key several times while the VAIO logo is displayed (see figure 1).
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00070113
======
A factory restore will remove all your data and files
You should be able to save any needed files and data etc, from your hard drive by using something similar to this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HD-H...-2-0-to-IDE-SATA-ATA-2-5-3-5-LJ-/153658601228

Connect the hard drive to a working pc and you should see all of your data and files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online