Unable to log you on because it is required that you use a smart card to log on...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JPomper

Here's the situation...

A clueless coworker of mine decided to take my administrative laptop and use it for something without asking my permission. The end result is a laptop that now requires a smart card to log in but won't proceed to PIN verification when a card is inserted. It is not connected to the domain that enabled the smart card policy, and I can't log in to attach it to that domain to remove the policy.

I'm reminded of a program that can reset a windows password by rewriting the HD sector it resides on, is there something like this for group policies?

I have to do something about this or re-image the machine.

Any suggestions?

JPomper

Thanks for the response, but that's for a different smart card locking system. The issue I'm having is for when before you actually log in.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, if you read the TSG Rules, this clearly falls under our rule against hacking. We won't help bypass security restrictions such as this, since there's no way we can be sure of the real situation. Sorry we can't be of assistance with this issue here at TSG.

Closed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online