1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to log you on because it is required that you use a smart card to log on...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JPomper, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JPomper

JPomper Thread Starter

Here's the situation...

A clueless coworker of mine decided to take my administrative laptop and use it for something without asking my permission. The end result is a laptop that now requires a smart card to log in but won't proceed to PIN verification when a card is inserted. It is not connected to the domain that enabled the smart card policy, and I can't log in to attach it to that domain to remove the policy.

I'm reminded of a program that can reset a windows password by rewriting the HD sector it resides on, is there something like this for group policies?

I have to do something about this or re-image the machine.

Any suggestions?

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

3. JPomper

JPomper Thread Starter

Thanks for the response, but that's for a different smart card locking system. The issue I'm having is for when before you actually log in.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, if you read the TSG Rules, this clearly falls under our rule against hacking. We won't help bypass security restrictions such as this, since there's no way we can be sure of the real situation. Sorry we can't be of assistance with this issue here at TSG.

Closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!