1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to login to a particular site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Am14, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

I have tried to login to a particular website (talktosomeone.net) since last Sunday but it's not letting me in. It takes me to the login page and lets me enter my email id and password but when I enter login it redirects me back to the homepage. Why is it so? Can anybody help me login? It's very urgent

p.s: I have tried logging in from all browsers and devices even tried vpn but it's not letting me in. It never had such issues before.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Do you have the app for that (assuming you have a smartphone) and if so do you have the same issues logging in.

3. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

I had the app but never was able to login via the app it always showed server error. But I was always using the website version of the app. It worked fine and I never expected it would go wrong. But now on the site as I explained it lets me type my email id and password and redirects me to the homepage instead of taking me into the app. Is there any possibility of logging in again? It's really urgent

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I don't have an account with them so I can't say if it's on their end but having said that, i looked at the site and chose go incognito and now I see a ... on there so I am not sure what is happening.

Do you have access to another computer, or at least use your cell phone browser to test the access?

5. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

I tried logging in from every device and browser I have but it just keeps redirecting me to the homepage. I even tried going incognito to see if it works that way but still it just keeps loading and nothing appears.
    What could be done?

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It sounds like an issue on their end... on the cellphone if you are on the wireless, disconnect from the wireless so you are on the data connection instead and try again. If it works then the issue is with your ISP.

7. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

I have tried from other devices as well. Even router but it keeps redirecting me to the homepage. Isn't there any other way to login? Why suddenly the site went wrong? What is the issue?

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Then I can only assume it's on their end... it looks like Microsoft owns it?

9. TOGG

TOGG

10. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

I am not sure about it but I am wondering what went wrong as I really need to login to my account

11. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

12. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

I checked in this site too it shows it's only me and the site is up so what can I do? Please help me. I tried vpn other devices and every possible option how do I get it to work?

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    That site only checks to make sure it's talking, which it is. Since you stated you used VPN (which is a different network than yours) then the issue is signing in, which would be a programming issue on their end. There is not much you can do since there are no contact support/information

14. Am14

Am14 Thread Starter

Is Microsoft the owner? Will the site be working again?

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I don't know exactly who owns it... i'm basing it from the little information I get about the site. I'm sure it will be up soon, it will all depends on how quick they see this issue

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice