Unable to logon to profile...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alamal

Hmmm, I created an account on my principal's laptop and password protected it. The funny thing is that every time I try to logon to that profile it says I've entered the wrong password. Ok, now I know what you're thinking....that I entered the wrong password when I created a password for this profile. The thing is I've done this at least 10 times! I'm losing what little hair I have left :)
He's got a Micron Transport ZX, 700mghz with 256 Mb, running XP Pro.
Can anyone offer any suggestions to this strange phenomenon?
May God bless,
Peter

this may sound to you a little bit stupid but make sure caps lock key is not enable when you type your password

did you created this act from the administrator account ?

are you able to access the main administrator account?

alamal

No, the caps lock wasn't on. It actually tells you if it is but no, not stupid. I created it from the Principal's account which has full rights. Oh, I can delete the password, no problem but every time I create a new one, whether it's the same or different it just won't let me logon to that profile no matter what.
The principals profile is not password protected for now.
Thanks,
Peter

Did you try to create another account with a different name? The profile may be corrupt...you just mentioned that you can delete the password and such...just wondering if you tried another account name all together.

alamal

Yup, deleted that profile, recreated it and the same thing happens. In fact, I did that about 3 or 4 times; that's why the hair loss. :) It's the strangest thing!

alamal

I've given the principal's profile a password also and it also won't log me in.

alamal

Ok natcom. I'll do that first thing in the am as I'm not at the school right now. Although I must say I keep these machines squeaky clean as far as spyware, adware, malware and viruses. I even have placed some restrictions on the principals pc to avoid just that! :)
BTW I like your signature.
May God bless,
Peter

awalker0878

Removed by request
Log onto with Admin account

start\control panel\admin tools\computer management\local computer and users\users\right on account\set password\type the password

Hint!

open notepad
type password
copy password
hit CRTL+V into both password boxes
this will make sure password has not been mistyped or capslock accendently on etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online