Unable to merge unallocated space to D: disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PMrocks

I was trying to make dual boot of kali linux with windows 10. So I created a 50GB partition for that and did the dual boot successfully. but after few months I removed Kali Linux and formatted the 50GB partition and made it as unallocated space. Now I'm trying to merge that 50GB space with main volume ( D: ) but unable to do it. It gives error message every time I try to do it. Please Help!!!DiskManager.jpgerror.JPG

This can't be done with Disk Management, as they are non-contiguous partitions. Use GParted or other disk partitioning software to move the unallocated area next to D:, then resize D:

TerryNet

Terry
Or, if you know that those two little partitions are not needed to boot you could delete them and then have slightly more unallocated space that is contiguous with the "D" partition.

How would you know? With the power disconnected disconnect Disk 0. Then reconnect power and if you can boot successfully you are good to go.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online