unable to open email with .email file ext.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bob reynolds

I had previously asked if anyone had the solution for opening email with .email file ext. This ext. seems to be used only by msn
users. Has anyone run into a way to open these emails?
Thanks, Bob Reynolds

Never heard of an extension .email but if you have it so be it. Who am I but if it is an MSN thing, then have you checked with Microsoft.

If it is MSN mail then outlook or outlook express should by all means open it and if it doesn't then I don't know if I would want to open it. Who sent it to you, do you know them personally?

I know that is a long shot but it is the only one I can think of at the moment other than have you tried typing the ext into the address bar on IE explorer and let MS do a search for it.

I do that a lot and get great results doing a search for MS things.

Bob
Quite a strange problem. My Brother has a similar problem except a different file extension of .att and not .email. Anyway I have not tracked down what is causing this but have a workaround so you can display the images or documents.

Step 1- When .email is received save it to a folder that you have created in My Docs for your future use with this problem.

Step 2- Once email is saved open the My Docs folder where you stored it and Scan with Antivirus

Step 3- Right click to rename it "whatever name.eml" and click out of it. The system may ask you if you really want to do this, click yes.

Step 4- Now double click the renamed item

Step 5- Item will open in E-mail format and you will see nothing in the body but it has an Attachment, Double click that attachment and select open, (Don't worry you already scanned it previously with the AV scanner)
That should display what you were sent.

Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online