1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to open Microsoft apps, even though they're installed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JonTorrens, Nov 13, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. JonTorrens

JonTorrens Thread Starter

When I try top open any Microsoft Office apps, I get the error:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I even get the same message if I open the file from that location. I've repaired, uninstalled, and re-installed a few times. Two Microsoft support team members weren't able to help.

Any help greatly appreciated; I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix this.

2. dckeks

dckeks

3. draceplace

draceplace

I would see if office works from a different user on the same computer. I'm seeing more 'user profile' corruptions/problems recently.
    There is no mention of your OS or if 32 or 64 bit Office. The path describe above is for 32 bit office, if you have installed 64 bit office your short cut icons are no longer pointing correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199427