1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to open PDF files in email attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tense, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tense

Tense Thread Starter

I received an invoice over the internet that is a PDF file and when I try to open it I get an error message that says, "This file does not have a program associated with it performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel". I looked in Control Panel and was unable to find anything in Folder Options to fix this problem. Any ideas?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Do you have Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other program that can display a PDF file installed on your computer?

EDIT: Is the e-mail and PDF file from someone or a company that you would expect to be sending you an invoice? If not, it could be spam or even worse, a computer virus.

3. hewee

hewee

You can get Foxit Reader 2.0 for Windows that is small and faster then Acrobat Reader.

Download
    Then you have 3 version to pick from.
    The (ZIP Package: .zip, 1.83 MB) you just unzip it to it's own folder and can run it without a install.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

If you have pdf software installed ..
    You may have to go to Folder options .. File types .. and fix it.

Attached Files:

5. beazo

beazo

I have the same problem.. I cannot directly open pdf attachments in my email.. It says the same " this file does not have a program associated to open it," i have the latest adobe pdf reader..?? any ideas..??

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/613403