1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to open photo cd on pc.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Paulnic, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paulnic

Paulnic Thread Starter

I stored photos on a cd but now find am unable to open it the pc does not recognise the pictures, help !!!!!!!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Can you be more specific? Can you browse the contents of the disk? What file format are the pictures in? What happens when you try to open one? Do you get an error? If so, what's the error?

3. Paulnic

Paulnic Thread Starter

No I am unable to browse the cd contents. I think the format it jpeg and I don't get an error message I don't get anything.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you can't browse the contents of the disk, then either the disk is bad or the drive has failed. Try the disk in another computer. Something must happen when you try to browse the disk. What happens when you double-click on the CD in My Computer?

Did you create the disk? If so, what type of disk did you use, and what software did you use to create it?

5. Paulnic

Paulnic Thread Starter

When I click on My computer and the drive e it comes up as blank stating Free space 0 bytes and Total size 0 bytes.
    I did create the disand it is Octron CD-R 80 and i think I used Roxio software.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Roxio is a big program with all kinds of different features and options. If the disk doesn't show any files, then something went wrong with the burn process.

7. thing

thing

did the disk verify when you burnt it?

8. Paulnic

Paulnic Thread Starter

I don't have Rozio on my pc do you think re-installing it will solve the prob?

9. Paulnic

Paulnic Thread Starter

Yes I think so and i have looked at the photos previously but not for a long time.

10. thing

thing

It seems like the disk is corrupt or the burn has failed. A disk showing 0kb is exactly that, it has nothing on it.....seems it has now died. Bad news for you but I would try the disk in some other machines just to be sure.
    Iv'e had a few archive disks that would not read on my machine over the years, 50% of them actually read on another machine so I copied onto that & burnt another archive. Good luck.

11. bp936

bp936

Yes, there seems to be a problem with disks burnt on an older computer, I also can't open or see anything on my cd's from a Compaq Windows 98 machine. I don't have the desktop any longer.

I did download a program that said, it would read it, if I pay a lot for the program. It did show content but didn't let me see the photos, while on the XP computer it did show 0 bytes and refused to do anything with that CD.

If you are lucky enough, like thing says, to open on another computer, do what he suggests.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice