unable to open programs properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thestrting

Ok, so this is a pretty long story. I turned my computer on one day and all of a sudden i can't double click on files and programs to open them, when I do the icon just turns a lighter shade and nothing happens. I tried opening the programs from the start menu but it randomly says do you want to make a shortcut of this file on your desktop. the only way i could open anything was to right click on it and then open it. So i went on and then the problem disappeared and then reappeared. The next day I turned on my computer and my desktop changed itself to light blue.Same problem as before except this time when I right clicked on an Icon it didnt give me the option to open it. So I restarted again and then my desktop image came back but still it won't let me double click on files or open them from the start menu. I've ran spyware doctor, didnt find anything. should I run norton? Any help? please?

are you able to use the system restore?

click on start click on run

type iin msconfig and press enter

then click on launch system restore

after that, select a day on the calander when you didnt have this problem

thestrting

hey thanks i'm turning off my computer now but I'll try what you said tomorow. thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online