Unable to open secure web pages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Diddler

The guy I am living with is unable to open secure pages on his PC. He is using Windows XP and is on XP OS. He recently done something to f*ck up our Belkin Wireless Router and managed to reset all of the settings, which I managed to sort but this is baffling me and has more or less only happened since I got the Router back up and running, although I can access secure pages on my PC.

Any ideas?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
This probably isn't the problem but click on Help in Internet Explorer and click About Internet Explorer. Is the cipher strenght set at 128.

We had this same topic a couple of months ago and I posted a good link to try different things but I got that bookmarked on my home pc. I will have to search the forums for it.

Bob Cerelli also posted some good links for fixing this issue.

Diddler

Thank you....If you can find a link well and good if not just let me know and I will look for it.

Thanks again,

Alan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online