Unable to open some windows or "comments" sections

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mandy123

I may not explain my problem perfectly, so please bear with me. I am unable to open "comment" boxes on certain sites or "windows" on some sites that, for example, allow you to enlarge pictures just by clicking on them. Not all sites, just some. I used to be able to open all "boxes", but now I cannot. I do have pop-up blocker software, but I deactivate it by pressing ctrl key.

For an example of what I mean, if you go here (just a random site) http://www.tonypierce.com/blog/bloggy.htm, I can no longer open the comments sections.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like a popup blocker to me. Although you did say you deactivated it. The script is still being blocked.

What popup blocker are you using? What browser are you using?
Are you sure there isn't a second built into a browser? Internet Explorer Sp2 and firefox both have built in blockers which could be doing this.

mandy123

I have "pop-up stopper" and IE. Pop-up stopper is deactivated by holding ctrl key and I think I have deactivated the pop-up guard in IE. Maybe I havn't deactivated IE properly.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online