1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to open video file

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Gerlee, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerlee

Gerlee Thread Starter

Hello, I'm having a little trouble with my video files. I transferred all of my photos and video files from my Macbook to the other computer (Windows 7 i believe) using USB flash drive and when I opened my files on the windows computer all of the videos turned into images. Is there any chance to restore my videos? Thank you.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I don't own a Macbook. Here's some advice for the future: never move or transfer. Always copy. When you are 100% positive that every file you want is stored elsewhere and opens correctly, then it is safe to remove it from the first device.
    I assume during the transfer the videos got corrupted. There isn't much you can do if they are no longer on the macbook.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!