unable to play dvd on my comp..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

naviverma2000

hi i can play video cd amd mp 3 onmy comp haveing problem to play dvd in my cd rom ,, its showing nt any contant only .
plz help me .

alwrmc

B.L.
Could you give the information we need to work with...what make/model computer and or CD?DVD drive?

Hey naviverma2000. What version of Windows are you using and what software are you trying to use to watch DVDs? There's a possibility you may need to download a codec for viewing DVDs for the software that you use to watch them. Have you ever been able to watch DVDs before on this computer?

naviverma2000

hi i am useing windo xp latest version ..
i am able to play vcd and mp3s but nt able to play dvd .. and dude its nt becoz od codes ... dvd doesnt even move in the cd rom ... it is problem in the cd rom or it is a problem in playing a dvd i dnt know ... now other vcds andmp3s can move in the cd rom but dvd diesnt even move in the cd rom . after putting dvd it is nt showing anything and about codes and all comes later . plz help me regarding this.

Ok, like you said, it may be a hardware problem. If it can't see the much smaller pits in the DVD, the laser could have gotten out of alignment. Some DVD recorders use two beams, one for CDs and one for DVDs and if its one of those, then it could have a laser not working properly. Its hard to tell from a distance if this is the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online