1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to play dvd on my comp..

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by naviverma2000, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. naviverma2000

naviverma2000 Thread Starter

hi i can play video cd amd mp 3 onmy comp haveing problem to play dvd in my cd rom ,, its showing nt any contant only .
    plz help me .

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    Could you give the information we need to work with...what make/model computer and or CD?DVD drive?

3. naviverma2000

compaq presario v3000
    dvd writer and player inbuilt
    but am unable to play dvd these days.

4. 1stoptek

1stoptek

Hey naviverma2000. What version of Windows are you using and what software are you trying to use to watch DVDs? There's a possibility you may need to download a codec for viewing DVDs for the software that you use to watch them. Have you ever been able to watch DVDs before on this computer?

5. naviverma2000

hi i am useing windo xp latest version ..
    i am able to play vcd and mp3s but nt able to play dvd .. and dude its nt becoz od codes ... dvd doesnt even move in the cd rom ... it is problem in the cd rom or it is a problem in playing a dvd i dnt know ... now other vcds andmp3s can move in the cd rom but dvd diesnt even move in the cd rom . after putting dvd it is nt showing anything and about codes and all comes later . plz help me regarding this.

6. 1stoptek

1stoptek

Ok, like you said, it may be a hardware problem. If it can't see the much smaller pits in the DVD, the laser could have gotten out of alignment. Some DVD recorders use two beams, one for CDs and one for DVDs and if its one of those, then it could have a laser not working properly. Its hard to tell from a distance if this is the problem.

7. naviverma2000

thanx dude .
    k
    i ythink hard ware problem cant get solve on line . k
    thankz a ton

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice