1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to play games on pogo

Discussion in 'Games' started by jluker70, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluker70

jluker70 Thread Starter

For over a month now I have been unable to play games at pogo because something is wrong with my java. I have uninstalled and cleaned and reinstalled and so on and so on. But every time I reinstall I still get the same error message saying my java is not installed or is disabled. I have went through ever tech support person they have there and to no avail , I still cant play any games. I have done everything I know to do and also everything they have listed in the "help" section which has truly been no help. So now I turn to you! I have been to the java.com website also and I cant even get java to download so I can install it...any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

2. d_mcclain

d_mcclain

My wife plays Pogo anytime she's on the computer. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, she couldn't play any of the games, none of them! I searched the Web for answers and got the same old run around everyone else is getting; "Empty IE Cashe" and "Empty Java Cashe" or "Re-install Java" (Round & round, we go!).
    I had another computer online and it would play everything just fine and was using IE6. So I uninstalled IE7, which supposedly reverts back to IE6. Well, this didn't turn out so good, everything was really screwed up. So I decided to crash the computer, reformat and do a 'clean' install of Windows XP which comes with IE6.
    This worked OK for about a day or two, until I started updating XP and IE6. Somewhere along the way the updates caused the old Pogo Problem to rear it's head again. She was 'let's say' ANGRY!!!
    For two weeks I struggled with attempted fixes, nothing fixed it. I was at my wits end and thought "If IE won't work, how about another browser?"
    I downloaded "Mozilla Firefox" and troubles have simply vanished!!! She plays any game without problems.
    So much for Microsoft forcing IE on us.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/622344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice