Unable to port SMS (Yaata)

jampot

Hi,
I have run into trouble trying to transfer this SMS message app to my new Android phone - new phone is Poco X3 NFC running Android 10 old phone is LG H960 running Android 7. Most of my apps transferred as part of Google back up, but this one for some reason didn't.
I don't want to lose all my messages and tried using Send Anywhere which seemed to send apk file to new phone but I'm not able to install - see screenshot.
Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Attachments

jampot

Hi,
I have run into trouble trying to transfer this SMS message app to my new Android phone - new phone is Poco X3 NFC running Android 10 old phone is LG H960 running Android 7. Most of my apps transferred as part of Google back up, but this one for some reason didn't.
I don't want to lose all my messages and tried using Send Anywhere which seemed to send apk file to new phone but I'm not able to install - see screenshot.
Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
Would be grateful for any advice with this issue

jampot

Yeah I guess I will have to. I've since reached out to Google and it seems to be an OS issue - apparently in order transfer SMS/MMS as part of a Google back up requires Android 7.1 or higher. Frustratingly I'm stuck on 7. I've messaged developer to see if they're isn't some kind of workaround.

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online