1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to print. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr Yoda, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

I have a problem with my printer and wonder if anyone could help. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 and a Dell AIO 922 printer connected to it. Whilst completing an application form today I thought I would try and print the job spec from Adobe, however nothing happened. I then tried to print from MS Word and again nothing.

I've checked to see if the printed is set as the default and it is. I've unistalled and then reinstalled it and still the problem is not solved.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Assuming you are running some recent version of MS-Windows, can you open the Windows printer control panel and see if the printer's status is shown as "Ready"? If so can you open the properties page for that printer and print a test page?

3. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

I've just looked to see if it was ready and couldn't even see it. I clicked to add a printer and got a message saying "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running." I've managed to sort this out. This has now brought up the printer and it says ready.

Nothing is printing though. Can't even find where to print a test page so i've tried in MS Word.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Open up the "Printers and Faxes" control panel. Right click on the printer icon and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. This will open a properties window for that printer.

There should be a "General" tab in the properties window and that tab should have a "Print Test Page" button. Clicking the button should start printing a test page and give you a dialog box that lets you choose if the page printed OK or to troubleshoot if it does not print correctly.

5. 1stoptek

1stoptek

6. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

Thanks for this. I'll have to have a think about trying it, not too sure about going into the registry even if it is the only way to sort it out.

7. Mr Yoda

Mr Yoda Thread Starter

Just got this message when I boted up my computer:

"Runtime Error - c:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\DLBTPSWX.exe".

Does this mean I need to restore the system32 folder from the original Windows XP disc?

8. 1stoptek

1stoptek

At this point I would uninstall the printer, reboot, and reinstall it and see if it will start working correctly. Your printer driver may have become corrupted. You should be able to get the latest driver by clicking here. Let us know if this works.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice