Unable to print documents that contain hyperlinks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim D.

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to print Word documents that contain hyperlinks or any line or image in the document. Rather than printing the hyperlink, html - or something prints out and if I'm trying to print a graphic I've downloaded for example, it will not print at all. Is there a properties button or flag that I need to turn off in order to correct my printing problem?

Any suggestions or help you can offer will be much appreciated! Thank you.

What version of Windows are you running and the make and model of the printer?

Also have you download and installed the latest printer drivers lately?

Jim D.

Hi Dan O.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 and am printing on a HP LaserJet 5P. I've been using this printer for years without problem. 4 or 5 months ago it stopped printing the hyperlinks correctly and would not print any downloaded images...

Does this sound like a familiar problem?

have you upgraded to SP2?

which version of MS Office have you got?

also try running Windows Update.

Jim D.

Hi dragjack,

I'm using MS Office 2003 and yes, I have upgraded to SP2 ... does this hekp to narrow the problem?

Jim D.

Dan-0,

I'm sorry, but I don't know what PCL 5 is... I'm not a pc techie ....

Thanks.

The link explains it, PCL 5 is a language used by the computer to communicate with the printer. Appearently your PC Printer setting got changed and your computer and printer are not comunicating well with one another. The easiest method to correct it is to delete the printer from Windows and reboot. Windows will see the printer and reinstall it automatically. For best performance and results you could download the latest drivers for it from HP and tell Windows to use the new drivers, by selecting Have Disk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online