1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to Print From My Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kgirl0119, Jan 9, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. kgirl0119

kgirl0119 Thread Starter

I have an HP Officejet 8600 Printer that is hooked up wirelessly to my Dell computer. I accidently unplugged my printer from the power outlet. I now cannot print from my computer. Interestingly, I can print from my HP computer on the same network. I noticed that the printer and the Dell PC were on two different networks: NETGEAR68 & NETGEAR68-5G. I put them both on the NETGEAR68 Network, but that didn't resolve the problem. I even downloaded and installed the driver for the printer from the HP Support site. That didn't help. Their site recommended running the HP Print and Scan Doctor, which also didn't help. I have even run the setup again on my printer. The printer says it's connected to the Network, but on my Dell PC it says it's disconnected. Not sure why my HP PC is still able to print and my Dell is not. Both are connected to the same Network, and both have the same drivers installed. Would appreciate some help. Thank you!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is the HP PC, which can print, on the NETGEAR68 network ?

3. kgirl0119

kgirl0119 Thread Starter

Yes. Both are on the NETGEAR68 Network.

4. kgirl0119

kgirl0119 Thread Starter

Yes. Both are on the NETGEAR68 Network.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is there a way to reset the printer ? Do a proper power off on the printer. And then restart it. Maybe some status was stored on your printer for your Dell.

6. kgirl0119

kgirl0119 Thread Starter

What I have done is powered off/on my internet modem & router. I have also removed and re-added the printer in Device Manager. I've reloaded the drivers from the HP website. I have also powered off/on the printer.

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

Hi,

I have noticed that on some printers, the power on/off button functions very quickly. If I press power off. And then power on, it is like it went to sleep only and was able to resume very quickly. But if I power off, then unplug the power cord ( to move it somewhere else ) then when I power on, it takes a little bit longer as it seems to do some kind of self check, like a computer would do when powered off, it would test / count the RAM and initialize. So do this: power off the printer. Unplug the power cord. Then wait a few minutes, then plug the power back into the wall, and power on. See if that makes a difference.

8. kgirl0119

kgirl0119 Thread Starter

Thank you so much. I did as you suggested and unplugged/plugged the printer back in. That did the trick. I am printing from my computer now! Funny, since this is what started the problem in the first place.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice