1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to print from Quicken

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Geezer77, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geezer77

Geezer77 Thread Starter

System: WindowsXP + SP2. Quicken 2004. Dell Dimension 3000 new. Canon BJC 2010 printer year 2000. HP 3-in-one scanner printer copier.
    Problem: In Quicken this is the season to print year end reports for compiling records for Income Tax. Quicken compiles the reports without difficulty, but will not print from them. (In contrast, Word prints well, but it is necessary to go down menu to Canon BJC 2000 to get it to do so.) When I go to print one of my Quicken reports, I get first the usual window with a variety of options. The print options are four in number:
    Canon BJC 2010 on....
    ASCII Disk File
    Tab-delimited Disk File
    123 (.PRN Disk file.
    The latter three seem to "print" to a file for storage on hard drive. The first seems ok, but my printer will not respond to it. I am unable to change the "2010" to "2000." In fact I can not change it to anything, for example neither to the "2000" nor to the HP psc 1210. I'd prefer to use the Canon if possible.
    My question is, first, can you tell me how to get the Canon to respond, either by relabeling or in some other way? If it won't how do I get the HP to respond? By the way, I've been both to Canon support and Intuit support. The former at least is genial, but not helpful, the latter is their typical #$%@ to you attitude, and of course, never helpful.
    Geezer77.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice