unable to read Configuration for drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sam234

I have an Acer Aspire M5, windows 10.
I was trying to load the Fix-it Utilities program to my computer. All goes well. Once I try to open it up, it gives me the following error. "StartupCommander was unable to read configuration for drivers. These areas will not be available". Then the program gives me an error telling me the program is not working and closes.

Triple6

Rob
Woah, stop there. You don't need that utility or any such utility. Uninstall it.

sam234

Ok. I will uninstall it. Is there something I can use? my system is slowing down again. I defragmented it and was working better for a couple of month, but it is now slowing down again. When I use the one on the computer it states the drive is not fragmented. Can I still force it to fragment it?

Triple6

Rob
Updating drivers won't speed up your system. These programs that automate everything can be dangerous and mostly designed to earn money and the results are generally short term but the damage can be long term. You may want to do a proper cleanup of the system, uninstall unused programs, clean up your startup, check and remove any malware, stuff like that. But all those things are best done manually or with a person's assistance and any programs to help with that are generally free.

Download the TSG Utility and create a new thread in the Windows 10 section with the problems you are having and someone can help with those.

TSG System Information Utility: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tsg-system-information-utility.948490/

Windows 10 section: https://forums.techguy.org/forums/windows-10.102/

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
sam234:

You haven't started a new thread yet in the "Windows 10" section, so I'll reply here.

The Acer Aspire M5 model laptops appear to come with an Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, so it shouldn't be running slow with Windows 8(which it appears it came with) or with Windows 10.

We don't know how you use that laptop or what's installed and running in it, so there can be several reasons for its slowness.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online