1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to read files on rw CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SKing, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKing

SKing Thread Starter

I have a direct read CD on which I have entered and deleted files. Using it as a back up for personal files. Up until now I have accessed the CD and can read and or process files. The CD had shown 50% used with 50% available. When I accessed the CD today none of the files appeared. In properties it showed completely full. This CD is used in a program where I can use the CD in the same manner as another drive or a floppy disk. I want to know how I can acces the files that were on that CD

SJK

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Are you attempting to read the files on the same machine and in the same drive they were written? Are you able to read and write other CD-RWs?

3. SKing

SKing Thread Starter

Yes, I used the same CD in the same drive in the same computer as it was originally written to and it was working normally, i.e. I could read the files, and then the next time I accessed the CD no files appeared. I then thought it might be a problem with the CD drive but I checked other CDs created in the same way in the same drive and I could read the files. SJK

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice