Unable to read URL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lecko

Need help with the following error:

Network Error Unable to read URL from host g.msn.com: Connection reset by peer

I have ran Spybot and AdAware to no avail. Windows 98 is OS.

Help!

This sub domain is owned by Microsoft, however it timed out for me as well. Why do you need to access it?

I plugged Network Error Unable to read URL from host g.msn.com: Connection reset by peer into Google and you are not the only one with that issue. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an answer. I'm assuming you have msn so why not give them a poke and see if they can tell you what's up.

Lecko

MSN charges a hefty fee for providing you with info outside of their posted FAQ's.

Maritimesea said:
I plugged Network Error Unable to read URL from host g.msn.com: Connection reset by peer into Google and you are not the only one with that issue. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an answer. I'm assuming you have msn so why not give them a poke and see if they can tell you what's up.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I know this is an old thread, but FYI -- I just had a customer with this same problem. The problem turned out to be AdSubtract, which was using a local Proxy to block pop-ups and somehow prevented the browsers (not just IE) from connecting to g.msn.com

Hope this helps someone!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online