Unable to read Word Doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

normael

I formatted my hard drive a couple of days ago, but before formatting, I copied My Documents folder to a CD. After replacing the OS (Win ME) and all the software, I tried to load the files from My Documents back-up- disk and all the yellow folders loaded but the Word documents wouldn't and I couldn't get them to open direct from the disk. I tried using Bad Copy software to retrieve the files but although I could now copy them to my hard drive, they still wouldn't open. Can anyone assist please.........Dave (n)
Incidentally, I used Nero 6 to burn the backup disk. I've done it plenty of times before quite successfully. I have 512mb ram, pent3 700mhz processor and 2X20gb Harddrives

Is the problem with the docs or with the Word prog? Can you start Word ok and create new docs?

I think that something wrong with your Word. Try reinstalling the same version you had before formatting.
Some advice for the future: use other back-up methods; there are a lot of programs for it. For example personally I use True Image for that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online