1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to Read

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Joanne.stanley, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanne.stanley

Joanne.stanley Thread Starter

I have an Excel document that I have attached a password to. When I try and get into it now it comes up with message unable to Read and will not open the file - Can someone please help me urgently

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    If it's on a network drive, copy it to your hard drive via Windows Explorer. If that doesn't work, I'll be happy to attempt recovery. Send me a private message and I'll give you an email to send the file and password to. I have other programs, like Smartsuite, that I can use to attempt to recover your file.

3. Gram123

Gram123

Was the original file stored on the PC you are using, or was copied from another machine (either over the network or on a floppy)?
    What version of Excel are you using?

Gram

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60642

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice