1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to Receive emails on Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by HoneyBee76, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HoneyBee76

HoneyBee76 Thread Starter

Having problems retrieving emails from Windows Live Mail. :confused:
    I can send emails fine, just can't receive any.
    I figured there may be a very large email being sent, so I accessed on webmail and deleted an email which was 1.7mb,

So back in Windows Live Mail, clicking the Send/Receive and waiting oh so patiently, I'm getting this message:

Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?

Account: Joe Bloggs
    Server: mail.500machinetools.com.au

It then asks me whether I want to wait or stop. If I select stop I get this error message:

Unable to send or receive message for the Joe Bloggs account. A time-out occurred while communicating with the server.

Server: 'mail.500machinetools.com.au
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CC19
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    Secure (SSL): No

I created the email account on another PC, sent and received emails ok, Joe Bloggs laptop to which the main account is on cannot receive emails at all.

I now have Joe Bloggs working off another laptop, and set up his email on that other laptop, he can send and receive emails on that laptop just fine. :)

I have spoken to our IT person who has suggested that there is a possible corruption of the pop3uidl file, he has suggested I close internet connection, all programs and search for the pop3uidl file and delete it, reconnect and it should work. Only problem is I cannot find this file, so that's no help to me.m:(

Laptop operating system is Windows 7.

Hope someone can help me. (y)

2. mpeet611

mpeet611

I did some quick research & the file pop3uidl is hidden by default & also by default windows will not look at hidden files & folders when your doing a search so we must change the search settings using the directions below so it will find the file pop3uidl.

1. Click Start.
    2. Type "search" in start search box.
    3. click "Change search options for files and folders".
    4. Now, Click on View tab .
    5. Under View,
    • Select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, and drives
    • Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types
    • Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files
    6. Click on Apply and Ok.

Now try searching for the file pop3uidl again.

3. HoneyBee76

HoneyBee76 Thread Starter

Hi mpee611, I've done as you've asked. Search for file in "My Computer" which I'm assuming to search the entire computer for file and have had no luck. Correct if I'm wrong.

4. mpeet611

mpeet611

On the laptop that your email works on find the pop3uidi file & copy it to this machine & put it in the same location that it was in on the working laptop.

5. sam96605

sam96605

If you have unable to receiving e-mail and you are not resolving this problem. You should contact to "Tech Support Team" There are many number which provide support. I hope you problem will be resolved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1138549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice