1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to reset computer after messing up bios

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FCEA00, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FCEA00

FCEA00 Thread Starter

Hello! The other day I tried to free up sim space on my computer since I only had about 30gb left on my ssd, I thought it was odd that I did not have more space since I have 2 SSDs and 2HDD but it only said I had 230gb on one hard drive and 100 on my other one ( the first ssd is 340gb and the second one is 120gb) after unsuccessfully trying to remove some files from the 2nd SSD I went in to bios and messed something up. When The computer then restarted it said there was no boot drive (something along those lines). I went on to www(dot)dell(dot)com(/)keyincloud and downloaded the key onto a USB stick, now that I try to reset the computer it says it failed to repair the partition table and that there are no files to back up and therefor I am unable to download the OS again.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the model name and model number of your Dell?
    What's the "service tag" number and "express service code" number on it?

You're the only person who knows what you did in the BIOS and how you messed it up.
    Have you tried resetting it to its default settings?

If I understand you correctly, you have 4 physical hard drives (2 SATA, 2 SSD) in your Dell?
    Or do you have 2 physical hard drives (1 SATA, 1 SSD) with both divided into 2 partitions?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. FCEA00

FCEA00 Thread Starter

I have tried resetting the BIOS but it made no difference. It's an Alienware Aurora R3.
    As of right now the 1st SSD is in raid1 with a hdd same with the 2nd SSD
    The service tag is ; FCM735J
    Express service tag: 33414611383

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to those numbers, you have THIS Alienware Aurora R3 desktop.

According to its original system configuration in July 2011, it came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit and came with a 256 GB SSD drive and 2 TB(1862 MB) SATA drive.

From what I can see in its on-line service manual, it is capable of using up to 4 physical SATA and SSD hard drives.

Here are images of instructions from its on-line service manual that you may have need of.
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG
    (click each image to enlarge and view)

I have no experience with SSD hard drives or RAID configurations, so my input here is limited.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice