1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to restart

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheLipglossLily, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLipglossLily

TheLipglossLily Thread Starter

Yesterday when I tried to turn my laptop - an Acer Timeline - on it would not switch on at all, no lights came on and the screen remained black. I left it for about an hour and when I tried to turn it on this time, it said "Windows was unable to start..." The options it gave me were safe mode or an option to try and go repair it. I clicked the second option and after checking the laptop, it asked if I would like to restore it to an earlier point in time so I clicked yes. It starts to load and then completely shuts down. This has happened several times. Now when I try and turn it on either the same thing happens or the lights come on to indicate there is power but the screen remains blank.
    I didn't have any problems before this point as far as I know.
    I would be extremely grateful for any help or suggestions? Really not technically savvy at all, I'm afraid.
    Thanks.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hi.what happens if you select the "safe mode" option?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice