Unable to restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheLipglossLily

Yesterday when I tried to turn my laptop - an Acer Timeline - on it would not switch on at all, no lights came on and the screen remained black. I left it for about an hour and when I tried to turn it on this time, it said "Windows was unable to start..." The options it gave me were safe mode or an option to try and go repair it. I clicked the second option and after checking the laptop, it asked if I would like to restore it to an earlier point in time so I clicked yes. It starts to load and then completely shuts down. This has happened several times. Now when I try and turn it on either the same thing happens or the lights come on to indicate there is power but the screen remains blank.
I didn't have any problems before this point as far as I know.
I would be extremely grateful for any help or suggestions? Really not technically savvy at all, I'm afraid.
Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.