1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to run an old DOS program used for scales and balance

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Mayweather72, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mayweather72

Mayweather72 Thread Starter

Hey Guys!
    I am facing a problem in running a DOS program which is actually used for rectification and modification of scales and balances. The software is of company Sartorius. It is pretty old software and runs on MS DOS while I install it on window xp as well as window 7 32bit. After the installation whenever I run the exe file showing the icon of a DOS a command prompt opens for some seconds and shuts down immediately. I've tried so many things to run that program but all in vain.
    Some solutions I tried are as follows:
    • Used DOS Box and it raised an error that the application will run on Microsoft Windows.
    • Used vDOS as well and application didn't run as it generated an error which says "Don't send" when I clicked on that the vDOS terminated
    • Changed compatibility in both xp and window 7 32bit(failed)
    • Used command prompt directly in both OS but didn't work as well
    One thing to be noted that I didn't use any earlier version of windows before window xp. I am attaching some screenshots and also uploading a pdf file manual of that particular program I am trying to install.
    If anyone has any information regarding this software and how to run it then please reply and help me.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Mayweather72 likes this.
  3. Mayweather72

Thank you so much Tabvla for a great suggestion. But I was wondering will they assist me now as the software is pretty old.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

Yes they will help you.... they have a reputation to protect.

T.

5. Mayweather72

Thanks a lot Tabvla!
    Will surely consult them.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla

Please update this Thread with the outcome of your call to Sartorius.

T.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!