1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to run Windows XP on my PC either in safe mode or normal mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by peglalerka, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peglalerka

peglalerka Thread Starter

Hello Friends....
    my friend ask me to check his PC as he has encountered any problem, according to him he turned off the PC properly yesterday but today when he turned on the PC it was not working

when i checked it happens that when you run the PC it shows options for safe mode, safe mode with networking , starts windows normally and run in last good configuration etc

but when i select any of the mode option the black screen disappears and Windows XP startup icon gets displayed on the screen but after loading again system moves back to those safe mode n all other options and again after selection it happens the same... PC not showing the desktop..

Can any one help me in this regard that what the problem could be and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance

Wajid Malik

2. Brucew0619

Brucew0619

Under this situation, does this mean that your system had crushed and you need to reinstalled your system or repair your system immediately?

3. peglalerka

peglalerka Thread Starter

i have reinstalled the windows again... its working fine now... but i still wanna know isn't there any solution other than reinstalling operating system ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/984931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice