1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to save a specific word 2007 document.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bombersboy, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bombersboy

bombersboy Thread Starter

Need help trying to save a word 2007 document. Am running Windows Vista. I have been working on this document for the past couple of days, a high school maths investigation with lots of equations and graphs copied over from 'Autograph' a 3d graphing software. I have been able to save it with ease with all this stuff on it until an hour ago. When I press CTRL+S it opens up the save as box (even though i've already saved it before). Then when i press save in this dialog box the box closes for a half a second before opening again without me pressing anything. I do it again and again and notice the little loading bar that tells you it's saving in the bottom right hand corner of the document gets stuck and then stops when the box opens up again. I've tried to rename it and this doesn't work. i copied it into an old word document and then saved that document and that document wouldn't save either. i got rid of it off that document and the old document saved perfectly. I closed it just to check it was actually not saving and it isn't. Is there something wrong with my document? or is it word? please help!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

How large is the file? Do a Save As to a new file.

3. bombersboy

bombersboy Thread Starter

I was able to save it in new file as 2003 document without any problems. Save as to a new 2007 file didn't work. The file is about 2,700kb in it's 2003 format.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice