Unable to save new Word or Excel document

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobpan2

I recently changed computers. I saved all of MY Documents And loaded tham into the new computer, along woth my Office 2000 software. My OS is now Windows XP.
When trying to save a new document I get the following message:
"Folder C:\Documents & Settings\(my name)\My Documents\(title)\ isn't accessible. The folder may be located in another volume or protected with password" I can access all of my previous documents. Just cannot add to them.

I do not have password protection. Does anyone have a clue? is Office 2000 not compatable with XP? This XP is getting to be a pain in the butt!

Right click on one of the files and select Properties. Is the Read Only box checked? If so, uncheck it. Then you can change it and save it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online