1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to Search For Memory at Samsung

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by brispuss, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brispuss

brispuss Thread Starter

Basically I'm unable to search for compatible memory at Samsung website.

Can select "chipset maker", but unable to select "chipset" nor any other options? Did notice some error message appearing that it might be a javascript error?

Happens regardless of browser used (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, Firefox).

Anyone else having this issue, or is it just some problem with my system again (with slow dial-up connection)?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What firewall & antivirus software do you have?

As an aside, why do you need to look up memory all the time?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Both columns and drop-down menus work fine for me.

If you're wanting to upgrade or add more RAM to your computer, provide a description of it so we can help you.

----------------------------------------------------------

4. brispuss

brispuss Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments.

The only firewall is the default that comes with Windows 7. No anti-virus or anything else running in the background.

I'm frequently researching compatible memory as part of replies to questions on forums regarding compatible memory for systems.

Just checked Samsung site again, and this time the options seem to be working now! The previous occasion when I tried there were some error messages appearing and no further selections could be made. Might have been some problem with Samsung website at the time(?)

So for the moment I can search for memory. Thanks!

5. brispuss

brispuss Thread Starter

No! Getting error message box appearing again and can't select options after chipset maker!?

Opera browser says something about Javascript error, but Javascript is enabled on all browsers.

Something wrong with the site?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. brispuss

brispuss Thread Starter

Thanks for the comment.

I am aware there is a difference between Java and Javascript. But I'm not sure why "Java" was even mentioned? There was no indication of Java issues while at Samsung website, only Javascript was mentioned in the error message.

Java is not installed on my system. Are you suggesting Java be installed, and that it might help resolve the issues?

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Don't install Java.
    I do not have it on any computer and have no trouble with any of the sites you can't get to load at times.
    Your problems are strictly due to a slow dialup connection.

9. brispuss

brispuss Thread Starter

Java (actually Java Runtime Environment) is not installed. It was installed sometime ago, but was removed as part of recommendation in tracing software/malware issues.

As of a few minutes ago, I'm able to search again at Samsung! We'll see how long that lasts.

Definitely not happy with the dial-up connection, but I have no choice, as broadband is unaffordable.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice