Unable to see Local Computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FL1nT

I am have a network with 4 computers on it. Only 2 will be sharing files. All machines are able to access the Internet through a linksys router and are doing so w/o problems atm. However, the computers i am trying to setup sharing between are unable connect. Both computers are on the same Domain and are using Windows XP Profession. For the sake of explanation i'll use the names computer a and computer b.

A can see B in My Network Places but cannot access.
When pinging B, a request is timed out.

B cannot see A in My Network Places and likewise cannot access A.
When pinging A, a request is timed out.

When pinging 127.0.0.1 or an external ip address, the request is completed with a reply.

I have enable NetBIOS on both machines and disable simple file sharing.

I believe that the problem exists in computer B. Thanks for your help. Any advice is appreciated.

Have you ensure your Firewall is off on Machine B? Sounds like it may be enabled. Also does Machine B have any extra apps loaded that may be running some type of firwall software besides the SP2 one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online