unable to see other computers on the network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrancerTran

thanks in advance

unable to see other computers on the network

other comps on the network:
1 wireless win 10
1 wireless win 7
2 wired win 7

every other computer is able to see all computers on the network

TerryNet

Terry
What operating system on the computer that is having vision issues? How is it connected to the router?

I assume you mean that the computer is unable to ping any of the other computers by IP address. What, exactly, happens when you try?

Can you successfully ping the router from this computer? If so, able to login to the router?

PrancerTran

What operating system on the computer that is having vision issues? windows 10

How is it connected to the router? wirelessly

I assume you mean that the computer is unable to ping any of the other computers by IP address. What, exactly, happens when you try?
able to ping other computers

Can you successfully ping the router from this computer? If so, able to login to the router?
What operating system on the computer that is having vision issues? windows 10

How is it connected to the router? wirelessly

able to ping other computers

Can you successfully ping the router from this computer? If so, able to login to the router? connected to the internet through the router - wifi

When you first connected the problem Win 10 to the network, did you choose Public or Private network? You can go to Settings > Network & Internet > Change connection properties and set it back to Private. which should then allow you to see other PC in the LAN.

When you say you can't see other PCs, do you mean that they have shared folders which you can't reach ?

PrancerTran

well can't see any other computer in my computer>network

they are all visible to other pcs on the network

one of them has a shared printer that i want to use through my pc

Go to Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center > Change Advance Sharing Settings > Turn on Network Discovery.

Can you see the other computers when you temporarily disable your Antivirus and firewall ?
Do the other computers have a useraccount with a password or not ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online