Unable to select a specific program to open files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Davien

Hello. Recently my father downloaded a Windows update thing that included the newest version of Windows Media Player, and since then I have had trouble getting my preferred media player to work with files. I can still open up it up and select a file, but it is impossible to add it to the "Open with" list, which is annoying. No error messages pop up or anything, but when I go to Browse in the "Open with" window and select the program, it just reverts to the (unchanged) "Open with" window. Thanks in advance.

Goto My Computer > Folder Options, and click the File Types tab. Find the file extension of the video you're trying to play (avi, mpeg, etc) and click Change.

From there you can select your preferred media player from the program list, or click browse and navigate to the exe of the media player.

Hope that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts