1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to send emails from Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wrowland, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrowland

wrowland Thread Starter

I am tearing my hair out trying to resolve this problem. I cannot send out emails via my SMTP server. It returns the following messages:-

1. When outgoing I setup authentication :-

"Send test e-mail message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server."

2. When I disable authentication:-

"Send test e-mail message: The server responded: 550 Error: Message conten"

Before I upgraded from Outlook 2003 everything worked in the option 1 and everything was unchanged in the settings in Outlook 2007.

Looking for ideas :confused:

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

3. wrowland

wrowland Thread Starter

Thanks for info.

Tried all these with no avail.

But got another error message:-
    " Task 'SHEMARA Mailbox - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server."

Regards

Bill

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Please detail all of your account settings (minus username/password) and the type of account you are using.

When you go to Tools | Account settings, click your account, click Change and then click More Settings, what are your settings?

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Have you simply contacted whoever is hosting your e-mail to find out what the SMTP server settings should be. It sounds like you are guessing if there should be authentication or no.

6. wrowland

wrowland Thread Starter

I have re-installed Outlook 2003 using the same settings and everything works OK so the answer lies with the way Outlook 2007 sends SMTP. I set up another system in parallel and the problem returns.

Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions which I have tried but none corrected the problem. This is a problem to put on the back burner and hope a solution materializes.

Thanks Again

Bill

7. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

If you post your details we may be able to try and replicate the issue, which would be good to know if it was a bug. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627069