Unable to send emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PatKinnane

Hi all,

All of a sudden in the last 3 days or so I am unable to send any emails. However I am able to receive emails with no problems.

The message I get on sending emails is as follows:
'
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject:
Sent: 08/05/2021 21:02

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
(someone)@outlook.com on 08/05/2021 21:02

Server error: '550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain outlook.com'

I am using the good old eircom.net as my email service provider which is now a subscription email service and Outlook as my Client
I have checked and rechecked all my email settings.
I have even rung eir tech support and they say that there is nothing wrong with my email account.

Running Windows 10 with Office 365

Would really appreciate you advice.

Thank you

Couriant

James
I have edited your email link to prevent bots scanning email addresses to spam.

As to the error, the message 550 5.1.1 indicates that the recipient (email) is not a valid email account.

I assume this email service has a webmail option? If so send a test message from the browser.

Couriant

James
To confirm, are your SMTP settings showing that your SMTP server requires Authentication is checked?

PatKinnane

Hi,
I have posted to a dozen email addresses that are all authentic and all are undeliverable.
Yes I use a POP3 account and my SMTP server settings is unchecked.
If I check it, the test email settings shows that there is something wrong.

PatKinnane

Hi Couriant,
Yes took your advice and did send an email using the webmail option from my browser.
The email was delivered.
What does this imply?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online