Unable to sign on to Facebook "Sorry, this feature isn't..."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ItsMeJeff

Hello,
When I try to login to Facebook I get this error message:
"Sorry, this feature isn't available right now
An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later."

I am on a:
HP Pavilion g6 PC, 64-bit OpSys, Windows 7 Home.

This started yesterday morning. Here's what I've done so far:
- cleared history/cache in Chrome and restarted the computer - still not able to login.
- uplugged router and reset - still not able to login.
- logged in from my wifes computer and was able to get in.
- logged in from my iphone and was able to get in.
- logged in with I.E. and was able to get in the 1st time, tried again later and was not able to.
- uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome (and all associated files) and was not able to login.
- visited the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they didn't know.

I read an online forum and saw a couple responses:
- FB may be doing maintenance on servers or databases
- you account may be temporarily banned for some reason
but both of those don't seem to apply to me if I can get on with another computer and my iphone, unless those use a different IP address or something.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks.
PS I sent 2 messages to FB but they just send back the standard 'thanks for the feedback' message.

I'm having the exact same issue & have done everything you've done with no luck -- and no response from FB. I've tried on Chrome, IE & Mozilla, but get the same message. I'm able to log in on my android tablet, iPhone & my desktop at work. Have you discovered anything else to try?

T4tlrman

Terry
I don't think it's an operating system problem unless you got an error code, but it does sound like it's a problem in your FB account or settings. Have you looked at your settings on the devices you are able to sign on with?

I don't know how or when FB updates but I know it updates often and way too much in my opinion. And from what I can remember you seldom know it happens until you see the change.
I'm sure you agreed to a lot of things by virtue of creating an account. Are your other devices running Win 7 Home too?

I mention this because updates on occasion are released with flaws. DP having the same issue leads me to be suspicious of FB of course.
I'm going to ask around in my circles and see if it's happening to anyone I know. It hasn't affected me in Phoenix.
I don't know how many servers FB uses. It's hard to imagine it's just one.
This is an intriguing question.

I don't think it's an operating system problem unless you got an error code, but it does sound like it's a problem in your FB account or settings. Have you looked at your settings on the devices you are able to sign on with?

I don't know how or when FB updates but I know it updates often and way too much in my opinion. And from what I can remember you seldom know it happens until you see the change.
I'm sure you agreed to a lot of things by virtue of creating an account. Are your other devices running Win 7 Home too?

I mention this because updates on occasion are released with flaws. DP having the same issue leads me to be suspicious of FB of course.
I'm going to ask around in my circles and see if it's happening to anyone I know. It hasn't affected me in Phoenix.
I don't know how many servers FB uses. It's hard to imagine it's just one.
This is an intriguing question.
Office PC is running Windows 7 Pro.

T4tlrman

Terry
Have you looked on your FB settings while on another device? You can deactivate your account in your security settings and try try signing on again on the problem computer. Deactivating is only temporary, you just log back in to to activate.

Not saying that will correct it, but you never know.

T4tlrman

Terry
If it's an error within FB, and it is, it's in FB. Malware is capable of mimicking duplicating FB prompts but don't know what they'd hack your FB account for.
Still thinking it's somewhere in FB, FB server, FB settings in problem computer.
Researching resources now.

Hahaha! Not that I know of! 28 years in my current one -- just holding out 'til retirement time!

T4tlrman

Terry
I imagine you've both attempted log in repeatedly. Right? From what you pasted for the error message it really looks like a communication problem with your computer and FB.

Logging in is a request to a FB server to grant access to your account. You probably know that.

How fast does the error come up? Is it pretty much the same amount of time each time?
IT you're using a notebook, right? DP what are you using?

REPEATEDLY for days!

Even changed my password & it will tell me if I use the old password, but goes immediately to the page telling me it's
not available.

I'm using an HP desktop.

T4tlrman

Terry
Gone in using IE and deleted cookies? I see you said you cleared cache & history.

REPEATEDLY for days!
Even changed my password & it will tell me if I use the old password, but goes immediately to the page telling me it's
not available.
I'm using an HP desktop.
Not following your meaning in last quote about changing password and it told you were using an old password? And it redirected to the same problem/error message?

I've done that for IE & Chrome multiples times.

In some of my efforts to get into FB using my other devices (which work), I've tried different approaches to security & changed my password. When I come back to my PC (which doesn't work) & try to log in, it autofilled my old password & FB recognized & told me it was an old password. I entered my new one & it went directly to the same old error page.

I've been trying this on IE & Chrome since Wednesday. Also downloaded Mozilla & got the same results. Just now tried it on Mozilla & I'M ON FB!! Tried Chrome again to see if it work & still not working. Now I'm really confused!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts