1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to spool print job - insufficient disk space

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jimkoppel, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimkoppel

jimkoppel Thread Starter

we have only 100 mb of free disc space on drive C

whenever we try to print a complex print job, we get an error message unable to spool print job... cancel to continue.

is there any way to force windows to spool the print job to a second installed and relatively free hard drive?

thanks

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

3. Bryan

Bryan

I'm not aware of any way to get Windows to spool on any drive other than the one where Windows is installed. That's not to say it's not possible. Maybe someone else will know how to do it. Anyway, my guess is your going to need to free up some space on the Windows drive.

Have you ever cleaned your Temp folder at c:\windows\temp?

And check for any old .spl files in the Printers folder at c:\windows\spool\printers. They can be deleted.

Also, have you ever cleaned your TemporaryInternetFiles folder?

And as a side note I'd suggest you move your swapfile to the other drive.

Start>Settings>CP>System>Performance>VirtualMemory. Click on "Let me specify my own" and then in the dropdown box select the other drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58226