1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to start other than safe mode

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by qim, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qim

qim Thread Starter

Windows XP SP3 - Computer comes up with blue screen, too fast to read and lists options to SafeMode. It seems to work fine in Safe Mode but unable to do Windows Update- Dr FixIt states '1 or more components of Windows Update are not correctly configured'.

malwarebytes came up with various lines connected to files SavingApp.exe (Pup,. Crossfire.SA) and after instructions to delete them amd asked to restart I got message: 'Cannot Quit', although I could then do it manually.

On second scan malware was back and switched off computer when I try to read log.

I have done the scans required but Gmer than not produce a report...

PS - (I am now on a diffferent computer) Although I did not get any warning after unchecking the IAT/EAT Gmer started runnin for quite a lobng time, one file came up, but after some time the computer switched off on its own. it seems that there is avirus that protects itself when you try to trace it....

I downloaded and have tried also to run Secunia Software Inspector and Kaspersky Online Scan and they will not run. kaspersky disppears as soon as I try to install; Secunia just hangs at the beginning.

Gmer brings up a blue creen when it goes through the registry. I ran it box by box, copies the first two; the others up to files and registry came up with a boz saying there were no changes but the registry could never be finished as the blue screen came up: Driver irq not less...

I also tried to scan with Avast anti-root kit. It ran for over 3 hours and then (I expect as it looked at the registry) switched off the computer!

What should I do now?

Hope that you can help

regards

qim

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1069072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice