1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to start PC in regular or safe mode, reset or restore

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Quibrassen, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Quibrassen

Quibrassen Thread Starter

This morning, after resetting my PC, I encountered the blue ': (' error screen. After trying to restore to a previous instance of the PC (there were two dates to choose from), the restore failed and the two dates are no longer available.

I am unable to reset, restore, start in safe mode, etc.

What should I do?

2. Siwat2545

Siwat2545

Try Reinstalling Windows
    EDIT:
    Make sure to Backup your important file using sata to usb adapter or a sata dock Your document desktop and video will be in foulder [DRIVELETTER]:/Users/[Your Username]/(Document/Download/Desktop/etc)

3. Quibrassen

I plan to do that at some point but I'm hoping for a solution that allows me to keep my files.

4. Siwat2545

Siwat2545

That's my solution use a sata dock or sata to usb adapter with it you should be able to get your file from another computer

5. Quibrassen

I've never heard of those things. Would that be relatively simple/cheap to do would you say?

6. Siwat2545

Siwat2545

It is not quite simple but it is sure cheep you can find one for around 10 $ but you need to pull the harddisk out of your computer to attach to it

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice