1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to switch from Microsoft VM to Sun Java VM

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wgreene, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Why is it that when I attempt to switch from Microsoft VM to Java Vm I get a message stating that I am unable to make the switch? The message says (1) make sure that Mozilla is properly installed, and (2) make sure that I "have sufficient permissions" to make the switch, whatever that means.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can help me with this matter.

Thank you.

2. natcom

natcom

it will help if you tell us what OS do you run and when this start to happen ?

3. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

My OS is Win XP Pro, and presumably this problem came about since I started using Mozilla Firefox instead of IE6 about a week ago.

4. natcom

natcom

If your preference is Mozilla Firefox get the later version if you already have it reinstall it

5. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. Should I first uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it, or can I simply -- and safely -- reinstall it over my first installation?

6. natcom

natcom

uninstall it first then reinstall it

7. hewee

hewee

Do a custom of firefox and it you should see a box on java. Uncheck it.

This is for Performing a "Clean" Install for Netscape 7.xx or Mozilla 1.xx but will help you out.
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns67cleaninstall.html

Then go into the control panel after you install the sun java and make sure that it is checked Mozilla.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!