1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Unable to Uninstall

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ryrhino, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ryrhino

ryrhino Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5310 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7560D, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 873 GB (645 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO,
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Hello,
    I was trying to uninstall Revo uninstaller and got a pop up which I do not know how to fix. Someone please let me know how to fix this pop up and uninstall Revo. What are the usual causes of this type of issue?

2018-05-15 18_39_27-Window.png

I did try to uninstall Revo in safe mode but the pop up shown appeared.

One other question is how to uninstall portable or software that installs with .exe for example geek.exe I don't want to uninstall Geek Uninstaller. I would like to know how to uninstall this type of software.

Thanks for your time and help.

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

As the dialogue box details, the installation file is corrupt. Try reinstalling Revo and then uninstalling, since this should correct any corruption in that particular file.

3. ryrhino

ryrhino Thread Starter

I did uninstall and reinstall Revo and that did seem to uninstall Revo. Thanks.

I would like to know how to uninstall geek uninstaller now because each time I open it a pop up tells me there is an update. I extract and open the update but each time I open geek uninstaller I still get the pop up about an update. How do I fix?

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I'm not familiar with that program, so it would be unwise for me to give you advice based on guesswork alone.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Geek uninstaller has no install, simply delete/erase/remove the program and it's gone.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice