1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to uninstall

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 1trueshadow, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1trueshadow

1trueshadow Thread Starter

I have just became aware that I can not uninstall programs. On attempt of any Uninstall I receive an error message "COULD NOT OPEN INSTALL.LOG FILE"

In every instance, I have found the install.log file in each programs respectible folder and can open it in notepad with no problem. For some reson the Uninstall program just can't find what is right in front of them.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Using Windows 2000 Pro W/SP4

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Are you logged in as administrator? If not you may have restricted rights. Also to try is running cmd in case unstaller file is corrupt.

3. 1trueshadow

I dont have any other accounts other then my Admin. Rights is not an issure in this problem

4. dabwid

dabwid

5. 1trueshadow

:confused:uh, I know the link points to http//support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q238413, but when I try to open it I get Yahoo.....:)mad: place string of endless cursewords here.....:mad: ) I am going to run Adaware and HJT! to see if its a problem on my end :(

Figures, I try to solve one problem and find another!!

6. 1trueshadow

....if you take the "http//" off the address it seems to work fine.....strange.....

7. 1trueshadow

ok, Finaly got the program that you where talking about dabwid. I am afriad that did not work eather. I wonder what it could be. Thanx for your help though.

8. dabwid

dabwid

Download the Windows installer from Microsoft download site and see if that might help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!