1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Unable to update Windows anymore, Window Defender vanished

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Uchied, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Uchied

Uchied Thread Starter

Hello,

I've been having small issues with my laptop for a while now, but a few months ago it started getting worst, especially when Windows Defender stopped working. I decided to start using Avast Premium at first, then IOBits 's Advanced System Care, and it worked well for a few weeks before starting to fail again. My laptop never crashed but I'm afraid that it eventually will. Winscomm is no longer spotted when my laptop boots on, and I'm unable to Update Windows, plus defender is still gone.

I'm not really good with computers, and I've tried many hazardous things, to no avail. Is there anything I should do? Is my laptop just filled to the brim with malwares?

I did notice that upon using SysInfo, it said I had no Antivirus, is IOBits not considered an Antivirus?
    Thanks in advance
    ________
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille, 64 bit, Build 17134, Installed 20180530050225.000000+060
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
    Total Physical RAM: 6 GB
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
    Hard Drives: C: 917 GB (289 GB Free); D: 13 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP 8257, ver 82.31, s/n PFYLQ058J680LA
    System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n 5CD71167NH
    Antivirus: None

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have this HP OMEN 15-ax052nf Notebook PC - which was purchased in July 2017 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
    Is that correct?

It appears to be running Version 1803 OS Build 17134 of Windows 10 Home 64-bit - which was released in May 2018.
    With all the problems you're having with it, and because Windows 10 Home 64-bit is 1-1/2 years out of date, you should consider doing a clean install of Version 1909 OS Build 18363 and get a fresh start with it.
    Based on what you said, it's obvious you can't do that yourself, so you should ask someone who does to help you do it.

You should avoid using IObit Advanced SystemCare and other apps of that nature.
    They can wreck a Windows operating system and make a computer unusable.
    You should also stick with Windows 10's built-in antivirus app and not install Avast or any other third-party antivirus app.
    They can cause Windows Update problems and other problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice