1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to use computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spearhead123, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spearhead123

spearhead123 Thread Starter

My Dell laptop I recently factory reset will not allow me to enter in it and every time it goes to the dell loading screen it brings me back to a screen that says Hi there. Please Help Me.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The Hi There screen is normal when you re-install or reset a computer. Try waiting for a few minutes and see what happens, with luck it will continue with the reset.

3. spearhead123

Now it wont let login it gives me 2 choices defaultuser0 and administor but i cannot login to either the administrator account is disabled and i dont know how to activate it. Please help.

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Something mangled your image for the "factory reset". It should have walked you through connecting to a wireless (AKA WiFi) and creating a user account. Also, the Administrator account should not be appearing on the login screen.
    The real key with Dell's is to go to http://support.dell.com and type in the SERVICE TAG number which is on the same sticker as the serial number (on the bottom of the laptop) Once you are on the page, you can access the downloads, the service manual, and a whole lot more...
    Did the PC come with Windows 10 and what is it's full model number (shows after you type in the service tag number)?

5. spearhead123

Yes it did come with windows 10 and i believe the model number is 9119811278 if I am looking in the correct spot. The dell support website gave me some information I dont understand and said I should renew my warrenty( but I dont have that kind of money). I also called them and I have to pay money for help.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to "express service code" number 9119811278, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 3552 laptop which has "service tag" number 46TP7F2.

According to its "system configuration - original configuration" section, it came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

HERE is the Dell "Contact Technical Support" section.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

7. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Flavalle posted a link to your support page ("THIS") and gave you the SERVICE TAG number (46TP7F2); both of which I also found from the express service code number you posted.
    Here is an article on how to create a factory recovery USB (flash) drive which I suspect is there vecause so many people wound up with corrupted or defective recovery partitions:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/osiso/recoverytool/WT64A
    Conversely, you can also use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to create a DVD or USB drive to reinstall Windows 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    The advantage of using the Microsoft installation is that, afterwards, none of the Dell junk would be there and you're PC already has a permanent license for Windows 10 Home so it would automatically activate as soon as you connect to the internet.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice