1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to use Control panel, some programs have "rundll32 invalid handle"

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by erckgillis, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erckgillis

erckgillis Thread Starter

Cannot run some Control Panel apps.

AV tools will not "update"

rundll32 errors on some programs

also "undeliverable" email bounce backs from my address.

I will perform http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview

then report back when completed!

Initial scans are below prior to Malware R&P overview:

Erck

--

HJT reported :
    C:\DOCUME~1\gillisgi\LOCALS~1\Temp\bis1BB.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated.en skipped
    C:\DOCUME~1\gillisgi\LOCALS~1\Temp\bis7B.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated.en

however files are not found.

So I have a trojan or virus in c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe (kbyte file size and dates are wrong). Cannot delete unless safe mode is on, replaced with new version from XP CD sp2 with "expand \i386\rundll32.ex_ c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

but at startup file is agained back to virus/trojan.

Ran HJT, Kaspersky log and onliner scans as well as downloads of AdwareAlert
    RegCure XoftSpySE etc...

all report that my "normal" tools like, VNC, VMWare etc are suspect but these are clean installs from CD.

thanks,

Erck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/578095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice